Design, media and art professionals share their experiences at HCS industry career evening
Last Tuesday, professionals from the world of design, media and art shared their
experiences with students in the second of our series of industry careers evenings.
We were delighted to welcome Martin Ball, managing director of Wave 105, as keynote speaker. Martin illustrated his circuitous career path and in a variety of themed breakout sessions other professionals provided our students and their parents with an insight of what is possible. The panels talked about their career journeys and the different skills and qualifications employers will be looking for, as well as impart their advice on making career decisions.
We would like to thank our professionals for taking part in the event, many of whom are parents or who have close connections with the school:
- Reem Alasadi, fashion designer and lecturer at the University of Southampton
- Jules Boswell, architect from Sherlock Boswell Architecture
- Helen Elks-Smith, landscape designer
- Kevan James, sports reporter and BBC Radio Solent presenter
- Paul Harris, business development manager from Social 360
- Tom Hillier, founder of production company Shoot The Company
- Adrian Hunt, graphic designer
- Jim and Nicky Pascoe, professional photographers
- Wendy Perry, managing director of Pad Studio
- Charlie Thomas, Sky presenter, producer and director
series of events forms part of our wider careers education programme within the
Hampshire Collegiate School curriculum. It allows students to interact with a
wide range of business people and learn about the different qualifications and
skills that employers look for, as well as gain advice about how to make
effective career decisions.