New Prep School sports ambassador role
The Prep School has introduced a new pupil leadership role this term. Junior sports ambassadors are responsible for increasing participation in sport and promoting healthy lifestyles in schools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading a weekly
lunchtime club in a core sport for children in Years 1 and 2 or Years 3 and 4
- Managing teams, coaching and refereeing
- Promoting healthy
choices in the lunch hall
- Working with house captains to organise teams for inter-house competitions
- Supporting teachers in preparation for school fixtures
- Reporting on sporting events that have taken place that week in Friday’s whole school
- Updating the Sport and PE notice boards
- Taking responsibility for the PE and Games kit rooms
To become a junior sports ambassador, pupils had to write a letter to the Acting Head of Prep School to explain why they think they would be a good candidate for the role and explain what characteristics they possess that would make them a suitable ambassador.