Sport plays a vital role in school life at HCS. We offer a wide variety of sports and physical activities and our aim is to provide all pupils with the opportunity to participate in as many of these as possible. HCS also has a national reputation for holding competitive tournaments in rugby, hockey, cricket, netball and rounders.
For details of the PE and Games kit in the senior school click here>>
Scholars’ Programme (available for entry in Years 7, 9 and 12)
Through our programme of scholarships, we aim to provide the elite sports person with the training opportunities , facilities, coaching and competition to enable them to enhance their sporting potential.
- A minimum of 8-10 hours of sport per week.
- Excellent coaching from in-house and external coaches.
- Excellent facilities with a commitment to ongoing investment and development.
- Access to the school multi gym.
- A competitive, enjoyable and friendly environment.
- Strong links with clubs for further training and competitive opportunities.
- Major International sports tours
- Mentor programme for our gifted and talented
- Sports Academies